Pink and red heart-shaped items have taken over your local store, a clear sign that Valentine’s Day is coming. If you want to stay out of the doghouse this year, you’d better make some plans soon. You could make reservations at that popular restaurant, but instead of dealing with the crowds only to have a bland night, why not do something different this year? Here are five romantic ideas that are off the beaten path.
- Go on a cruise. When you live in California, the ocean is never far away, and cruises are a great way to see the sea. If you’re looking for a romantic dinner cruise, you can check out Hornblower. If you’re more interested in seeing wildlife, you could try a whale watching cruise. At Newport Beach Whale Watching, you can expect to see gray whales in February.
- Go on a wine tour. California produces some amazing, world-class wine. If your sweetheart is a fan of fine wine, don’t just settle for a bottle that will soon be forgotten. Instead, make it a memorable event by going on a wine tour. To see what’s available, check out California Wine Tours or the Sonoma County
- Rent a cabin. If you’re goal is to avoid crowds, a cabin is a fantastic option. Few things are more romantic than a night spent keeping each other warm by the fire. You can stay inside or venture outdoors for a hike. California has plenty of cabins to choose from, including the Idyllwild Vacation Cabins or the Grey Squirrel Resort in Big Bear Lake.
- Refresh in a hot spring. California has an abundance of naturally occurring mineral springs. This Valentine’s Day, treat your sweetheart to a relaxing and healthy trip to a mineral springs resort and spa. There are multiple locations to consider, including Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa in San Luis Obispo, Stewart Mineral Springs Retreat in Weed and the Spring Resort and Day Spa in Desert Hot Springs.
- Get close on a hot air balloon ride. If you really want to get off the beaten path and away from the crowds, why not soar above it all on a hot air balloon ride? This is a great way to enjoy the beautiful views that California has to offer, and few things are more romantic that a trip in a private balloon. Check out the private and group options at Magical Adventure Balloon Rides or California Dreamin’.
Whatever you do, make it romantic! Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your sweetheart, from all of us at Dashers and Pronto Insurance!